Sunday, May 20, 2007

Journal Week Four - Fourth time in studio - Newsreader














Number four saw me become the Newsreader/Interviewer. I was talent! I loved doing the Interview, it was good fun, especailly snapping the pencil and swearing. Reading the news got a bit tedious after go number 4, but Rod putting in Paris Hilton and Anthony Mundine into the teleprompter brightened things up. A lot of television production students don't seem to enjoy being in front of the camera, but I know a couple, myself included, who love the chance to be on the other side of a camera for once. The only issues I think you could have being in front of the camera is if there is a problem with the Teleprompter, or if you can't read a word or something. The lights can also make things a bit hot sometimes, and also make it hard for you to tell if the red light on the camera in front of you is on or not, but just keep going and she'll be right. Watching myself on the screen afterwards, I noted these things...

1. Don't wear a hat when you read the news
2. Unless you have a makeup team, get more than 4 hours of sleep before reading the news or you will look like crap
3. Snapping pencils is still as fun as it was in kindergarten
4. My back really hurt.

Loved it.

No comments: