Saturday, May 19, 2007

Journal Week Three - Third time in studio - Vision Mixer














Third time lucky = Vision Mixer or VM. I loved this job. Vision mixing is basically choosing which camera or VTR goes to air, but the Director makes the decision, not the VM. You have buttons to preview cameras, or ready a camera to be the next to go to air, after which you press the cut button, which puts it to air, and you can also use buttons which immediatley cut and put the corresponding source to air. It can get pretty hectic your first couple of tries, especially in ad lib sections of a program because you have to be as alert and accurate as possible, but overall, it was awesome fun. Bruce clicking and swearing at me, I love it. Nah seriously my all time favourite job. It was fun to be in the 'control room' and be able to hear and see everything thats going on, and sit down at the same time. I really enjoyed it and I don't think I made a single mistake in the record run through. Bruce thought I did, but as it turned out, he said sorry, he was in the wrong etc.... it touched me. Does he owe me a beer?

note - I did make a few mistakes until the record

I think it was a really really good episode of 'Hello Riverina' for us, I think there was one minor hiccup, but it was schweet.

No comments: