Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Journal Week Six - Assessment #2 - Sixth time in studio - Sound Assistant

















I was the Sound Assistant, and I liked it. At first I think being in that room can be a little bit intimidating, due to the size and apparent complexity of the desk, but really what you have to do in a show like Hello Riverina isn't that difficult, but like all things in the studio, it's best to give it your full attention and make sure that you're doing everything that you can and be as accurate and fast as you can be while doing the job well. I tried to watch what the person on sound was doing, so if ever I do get a chance to be in that role, I will at least have some idea of what to do when I start. I think the most important things to do is to make sure you know what channels things like the boom and lapel mics are on, and to make sure that you put them at the right volume level, and to make sure you fade up and fade down the right things at the right time.

I've always liked music and sound stuff and hanging around the desk is cool. Granted, I did have an easier job because I was the assistant, and the soundcard doovalakki broke or something so I didn't have to chuck in any cool SFX, but I still reckon that we in sound coped well and did a good job.

The show overall, I think it was good. I think there were one or two minor mix ups, but I think it was really good.

No comments: